Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
lbsurf2ca

Bad start great Day!

Got to La Jolla @ 4:30 am 5-7-11, 20 other of our fellow plastic friends already at the launch. Wow couldn't believe how many people were already there.

1. Head lamp is not working
2. Bait tank battery wire breaks
3. Fish Finder is not powering on

Pack my stuff up because im frustrated and over it. Call my buddy he makes me sack up and go back to basics (rod,reel,bait and local knowledge). Launch the Yak at my local spot and no one out. Grab a few green backs , see some birds and bait diving 200 yards past the kelp line. On my way to the spot zzzzzzzzzzz. Straight down then straight up the the yak. I touch the tail of the thresher and ignition. Thing jumps like a florida sailfish. 30 minutes later land my first thresher.

I must say its important to read post on do's and don'ts of landing bigger fish from your Yak. You can definitely see how easily things could go wrong if you aren't prepared when the fish gets to the boat.

Here is a few crappy iphone pics. I love BBQ thresher but i felt a release of my first would bring me better luck in the future. Circle hooks are great...
Attached Images

lbsurf2ca is offline   Reply With Quote