Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
Ndavissd

LJ 4/22 first time

OK, been kayak fishing for about 10 months hitting MB an SDB quite a bit over 2010 and 2011 and getting prepped for LJ with gear and equipment. Friday I have the day off so go for my first launch, 5:30am make the launch a little wild but did not get a bath. Make bait and stock my live well with about 9 7 to 9" mak. Start trolling, keep trolling, swells are not to small making for some interesting 1st time yak on the outside, still trolling, going south off the point when I get hung up in the kelp, start to turn when my rod goes over HARD, line starts singing, my kayak turns into the fish and I start to follow, line still ripping off, steer into the fish handling the rod with my right hand while steering with my left are you @#% me 1st time out of LJ and u hook up, are we gonna get this done............... Line is down to about 100 yards (65lb braid w/fcarbon leader 25 lb - mistake I would later regret) start thinking this fish is not going to slow down, line still ripping off, yak following, make the move to tighten the drag one click..........POP line break (at my knot above the hook to discover later)OK, first #$%^&& then ok I learned a few things, second what a friggin exicting few minutes, from the penthouse to the outhouse,. but hey I learned some things that are going to help me later...........and thank to everyone who post. I have been reading you reports since last year, without them I would have never even been close.............
Ndavissd is offline   Reply With Quote