Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
Fiskadoro

Bonking, Sugar and Hoopnetting...

When I hoop net I run five nets and pull a net every five minutes after an original thirty minute wait. I tend to hoop a long time usually around four hours. So figuring the distance I paddle running the nets and around fifty pulls in the average evening I get a pretty good workout.

A few times including my last trip I've essentially "Bonked" where I've burned up all the sugar in my system and hit the wall, where it was pretty much everything I could do to pull my last set and paddle in.

I can take the tiredness, but what get's me is I then get so cold, as your body has trouble maintaining temp once you run out of glycogen for blood sugar.

So the question I have is first have you guys had any issues like this, and two what kind of sugar drinks do you guys drink to keep up your blood sugar up on long or strenuous trips.

I could go back to my skiff and the puller but I kind of like doing it from the yak.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote