Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
BT

Hooping Zuniga Jetty...F'in Sherm and his magic lobster dust!

So its been a couple of months since Sherm and I have paddled out and we made it a point to meet up yesterday and paddle out to the jetty. Right as we are about to launch, Daemon (Jim) pulls on up too. Sherm and I headed out into windy conditions (it was suppossed to be 1 mph) that eventually laid down right as the sun went down. We met up with Sherm's buddy George who has been taking Sherm on luxury lobster cruises (staying dry) as of late, and I am thinking with all the good mojo these two guys got, it is going to be a good night.

Did a little fishing before the sun went and noticed a lot of star fish hanging out on the jetty.

Turned out to be a beautiful sunset, and the cigars made it even nicer. Land a couple of dinks while enjoying the sunset and cigar.

So now its dark and we wait the usual 25-30 minutes to start pulling. Sherm pulled his net first with a short or two, and I pull mine with a decent keeper. We are stoked and it looks like the night is going to be good.

Keep pulling, and it seems for every one I get, Sherm gets three. We decide to pull our gear one last time and head in. I wound up with a decent sized bug, and a bigger model, and Sherm pulls up a bug on his last net that I can see in the dark from 20 feet away.

So the count was I had 2, George had 2, saw Jim later at the launch and he had no love at all, and Sherm gets 7, one of which was just a monster.

So driving home I am convinced that Sherm has sold his soul to the devil to catch lobster, and who knows what else he did to get multiple bugs of that size. If you look at the below picture notice the bug in Sherm's right hand. It actually has another bug in its legs. Wouldnt let go. Sherm had to wrestle it out of his bait tank because it was so big...wish I had that problem!!!

Last edited by BT; 01-12-2011 at 12:13 PM.
BT is offline   Reply With Quote