Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
AZYakNewb

Need some help prepping for 2.5 day mothership trip!

HELP!!! I am signed up for the 2.5 day trip to the SC islands in June and need some help with prepping my gear and yak for the trip. I have fished the bays for spotties, and the like, but have yet to venture into "deep water"! I spend most of my time "bucket mouth" fishing at home in AZ. I have done some Redfish/Sea Trout fishing in FL and have the following I was planning on bringing:

1. St. Croix 7'6" Extra Heavy/Fast Action with a Penn 320 GTi spooled with 40lb Mono

2. Inshore Extreme 7'6" Medium Heavy/Fast Action with a Quantum PT Catalyst (low profile baitcast) spooled with 16lb mono

3. Quantum PT Energy 7'11" Medium Heavy/Moderate Action with a Daiwa Luna 253 (round baitcat) spooled with 60lb braid and a 20lb Fluorocarbon leader

4. Custom Spinning Rod 6'6" Medium/Moderate Action with Shimano Stella spooled with 12lb mono

I also figured I'd bring 2 spottie set-ups for the shore line of the island,as I hear the bass fishing is epic.

The kayak is a Malibu X-Factor with the basics, and besides adding a VHF handheld in case I get in trouble, what else do I need (compass, emergency gear - again, got the basics, etc. )

Thanks!
AZYakNewb is offline   Reply With Quote