Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
kurtfish

Many Thanks to Paul, Robert Fletcher, and all other MLPA angling activists

Paul & Bob, Your efforts on the various MLPA task forces and WON articles on behave of the local fishing community are much appreciated. I am still steaming over how Bob Fletcher was cut-off during the SD MLPA meeting with his commentary regarding his lawsuit victory related to full public disclosure of the MLPA process. My son kept right on going to finish his speech when the red light and 0.00 flashed. The MLPA board members are sympatric to cute kids making speeches so they did not cut-off Lucas like they did with our venerable Mr. Fletcher..

I just could not take another ill informed student presentation on the South Pacific Coral Reefs during a So Cal MLPA meeting. Bellcons' comments about the classic liberal educators that are indoctrinating their students' minds with false and irrelevant information was so on point for those cute little girls from Chula Vista with their Coral Reef diorama. The only modest contribution I could muster to the current round was submission of a modified and much shortened letter thru the Keep America Fishing website.

From what I hear about the dormant commercial fishing fleet in New Bedford, MA the fishing regulations being imposed on the East Coast fisheries are being implemented with a very heavy hand by NOAA and have completely shut down more than half the commercial fleet. Letters to the Obama Administration seeking relief and sound logic to be applied to the current by-catch restrictions have gone unanswered. As we all know fisherman are not a public interest group that is favored by our national or state administrations.

Recreational anglers need to come together to continue the legal battle that Mr.. Fletcher has so successfully begun. We need to realize that our new Governor is not going to come to our rescue. We have to step up to the plate and fork over some serious cash to continue to fight the lopsided MLPA process in court. We rely on well informed folks like you helping to rally the troops to the next step in this long and agonizing process.

We are now to the point were we will have to donate funds to continue the fight in court where legitimacy and due process can prevail. Please keep-up the good fight and continue your efforts to keep us informed and don't be shy about asking for donations to organizations you deem worthy to continue the fight in court. We stand behind you and Mr.Fletcher and we need to support the future efforts that may be more satisfying and effective than waiting ten hours to speak one minute as Bellcon noted.

Thank you, Kurtfish
kurtfish is offline   Reply With Quote