Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
Chuck D

Whale of a good time!

Went fishing today in La Jolla unfortunately fishing was pretty slow, but had a chance to experience something that I never have in my entire life and it was amazing. I was out at about 120ft and saw a huge splash about a mile out, thought it might be a boat wake but saw no boat so I continued to look in that direction. Five minutes later I saw a massive Whale jump out of the water and I figured I need to paddle out and check it out. Ended getting within 50 ft of an amazing whale, not sure what kind but would love some suggestions on what it may be. Got some great pics and spent about an hour just hanging with the whale and loving life. Also I found some weird tranquilizer looking thing about 300ft from the whale, not sure what it was but it maybe someone here knows. Anyway, got skunked fishing but well worth the paddle. Didn't think whales came that close this time of year, was at about 180 ft a few miles out. Also posted a video, it jumped a couple times, spectacular, sorry for the crappy video work. Gotta love the ocean and our sea life!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2V-cRdsOmY
Attached Images

Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote