Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
wade

Clemente-Cama

Original Trifecta Plan A: Unsuccessful-
Plan B- We headed out to the weathered side first as expected, but it was too blown out.
Plan C- Proceeded to China & Pyramid. Got out at China and headed west. Got 200 yards away and saw some nice marks, mid water in seventy. First drop & POW ! I hailed up the Islander on the radio, but it was still so early, I dont think they had that channel on yet or were trying to unload people still. I paddle back to the mothership and hand the deckhand a still flopping YT. Headed back out into the kelp now in search of a. The kelp wasnt behaving as the weathered side conditions followed us now down to China Pt. and the ripping fast winds dragging me were difficult to stay on a spot, so I let the wind take me to the beaches for a bit, got raked many times, no takers, or maybe i didnt give him enough time to eat? Over the radio the Islander was now ready to move to pyramid cove. I paddled back out & just drift-fished all the way to the cove and targeted the huge angry Calicos. The keg was kicked after just twelve hours thanks to ol' Stone Ale.. I woke up in the middle of the night to take a leak at 4 am to find that he was unable to control himself from such good suds. He though everyone had gone to sleep, and disconnected his live well bilge and retrofitted it to the tap and was caught red handed funneling eight gallons per minute!?
If I was in La Jolla I would have released this small YT without question, but had I released this one, I wouldn't have had my trip almost paid for....
My YT got me the RATpot! A Big toss up for my broke ass..so i kept her and her tiny collars for some Clemente-Camas! Thanks Reebs Lures, Ballast Point, & man named Destroyer for a nice trip. I met a lot of cool people and had a GREAT time StoneAle, Nor-cal guys, Eric & Joy, Rik OEX and the whole crew!. Ca ya next year..

Pyrimid

Loading up to leave..

Sunset @ Pyrimid

Laugh all you want...im laughing all the way to the bank!..

and a HUGE Thanks to Rik OEX for banging out that Keel hole repair i noticed as I was loading up my yak the day of!..
couldnt have gone if it werent for you!

Last edited by wade; 05-17-2010 at 12:13 PM.
wade is offline   Reply With Quote