Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Pescavore1

May WSB and April Yellowtail

Having targeted and caught a pair of halibut and yellowtail in the last couple of months, I decided it was time for a croaker. I haven’t been out much this year because of work, maybe once every 3 or 4 weeks, but I’ve had pretty good success. It turns out, this past Monday was no different. Couple of hours after I got settled in, I have another trophy on board. Here’s a cheesy back-yard shot.

Oh yeah, here is a video from my previous outing in April. These are my first and second yellowtail using a jigstick, thanks to Josh. I might as well be blind – I’m nearsighted in one eye, far sighted in the other without any depth perception, so I couldn’t see the school of fish that was practically in front of me until it was pointed out to me. He can teach a blind and deaf to fish. About a minute after hooking up, I got into a tug of war with a seal. I had to yank the yellowtail out of the seal’s mouth then reel like crazy and bounce it as the seal was chasing it.

Jay
Pescavore1 is offline   Reply With Quote