Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
2tundras
Junior

Lake Superior

Little advice please....I'm an experienced canoer and solid wilderness camper-fisher. But were doing a kayak deal and havent the slightest.

Heres the trip. Leaving a westerly facing beach in northwest Lake Superior and paddling south along that westerly beach 6 miles. We are then hauling kayak and gear up the side of a Canandain "hill" about 4 miles to a wonderful little speck lake. There is no blazed trail, were cutting cross country. This is going to be a mother of all humps. Then of course we walk down the big hill and paddle back. Fot those of who don't know Superior its not what you would call a nice piece of water...in the spring...with not a beach but rock cliffs....get the pic?

Were dumping our canoes and taking kayaks. I'm looking to buy. Big question...buy a sit on top fishing kayak and hope the big lake is nice to me or buy a sit in kayak and accept enjoy the handling and so on and lose out on the fishibility, which is high on my list for future uses. Note that the kayak will be towed behind me and thus drug up the mountain and then most likelytosssed back down it. There will be no home made rigging of yokes. Like I said, there is no trial so on the shoulders is out.

Advice?????
2tundras is offline   Reply With Quote