Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
vellocity

Wed AM, some serious stuff out there..

figured i'd wake my ass up and get back out on the water again! outta practice and forgot a few things, but no worries didn't need it anyways it was so dead...

saw familiar faces.. Andy's always doing his own mellow thing.. and big Pat with the NEW camo Malibu!!! finally a yak that fits him!

trolled a rapala since bait was tough to find.. around 730am Pat saw some footprints but nothing taking. we threw some surface irons but i never got to see any swirls or boils..

around 8am in 80' of water with Pt. Loma showing just a bit a big shark coasted a full circle around the ski while i was drifting doing the yoyo thing..
seriously!
not to scare anyone but this thing was easily over 12'!! my ski is 10' and it was longer... the water was a little brown and all i saw was that thing moving about 3' underwater, not even kicking, just coasting along at a pretty fast speed.. it got close enough that i could have poked it with my jig stick!!
i wierd thing is that i don't know why it circled me? the vibration of my prop, jet wash at idle forward? but i was stopped with engine off for at least a few minutes? i didn't even catch bait, so there was no fishy smell trail?

now i've been a waterman all my life, stuff like this doesn't freak me out but it was one of those erie mornings.. cloudy overcast, dirty water, people were fishing, but it still felt lonely out there..

and don't mean to freak you guys out... i've been surfing around La Jolla since the early 90's and i've always known that they are around.. infact my favorite surf spot in LJ is just on the other side of the Children's pool where all those dumb harbor seals live!!!!

i just wanted to let you know i finally saw one..
and it wasn't the right kind!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote