Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
PAL

MLPA - Time to get to work! ROLL CALL

Ok friends, you know what's at stake. We have through Nov 10 to make our case for La Jolla.

There's a small strike team working in the background, but like it has been since day 1, this requires a community effort. I'm calling on EVERYONE on this board to write a letter in support of the proposal 2 maps for San Diego. These can and should go to your local political leaders, fishing and yacht clubs and the like, then funneled to the Blue Ribbon Task Force. YOU CAN DO THIS BY SENDING A COPY TO ME

Keep this in mind. It won't do us much good to hang onto the northwest corner if the whole world is in there with us. Right now we're still dealing with the danger of bookends, only this time they aren't on either side of Mission Bay, they flank LJ.

We need to hold the existing Scripps Reserve in its current boundaries and push back on an expanded bait-only SMCA around the pier. Just think about how treacherous north La Jolla will be once free divers, kayak anglers, private boaters, the commercial guys and sportboats are all crammed into that postage stamp. At the very least we need that outlet to the north. That's our nightmare worst case scenario. Get on it!

PM me for talking points and to discuss possible letter targets.

Give me a roll call! I'm not kidding around.

ROLL CALL FOR LETTER WRITING / LOBBYING
1. PAL
2. Billy V
3. Tyler
4. Chris Fierro
5. Afishinado
6. YOUR NAME HERE

Last edited by PAL; 10-28-2009 at 05:16 PM.