Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
Freespool

New to So Cal, Newb Yak Fisherman looking for 1st SlayRide

Hello all,
After lurking around for a bit and doing a little research, I'm finally posting in search of my first kayak for fishing. I'm new to the area via Seattle, grew up in Nor Cal, and moved here less than a month ago to start a new job. I've fished since I was a kid but never from a kayak, only from a canoe in protected nearshore waters off a spot or two up north and lakes. Most of my fishing up north was steelheading and salmon fishing and a lot of that was with fly rods. Now that I'm here, I'm already having steelheading/salmon fishing withdrawals and I'm ready to try a new style of fishing. I've caught tuna and billfish out on charters and party boats a few times but only 1 yellowtail off the Coronados a few years back while visiting a friend down here. I've never caught a white seabass, never a halibut.

Anyways, I missed that xfactor that was just sold recently on this board. That seemed like a good deal. I may be looking at a used Cobra Fish N Dive 12.5' with rod holders, bait tank, fish finder, paddle, 2 seats, and a few other goodies for $700 this weekend. If it doesn't sell before I can get to it, this seems like a great first kayak for me with its stability and capacity. So, if anyone here has a kayak they want to sell that they think might be a good first fishing kayak for La Jolla as well as taking up north to SF Bay and other nearshore areas throughout CA, . Thanks in advance for any offers or advice!
Jon
Freespool is offline   Reply With Quote