Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
Luder
Junior

Fish Finder Problem

I recently picked up a new Stealth-12 which had all the electrical wiring for the Cuda 168 and bait well done for me. Everything seems to be wired for one battery, which I didn't expect to be a problem until I got out with it for the first time.

I have a 12v 7amp battery powering a Cuda 250 with the Cuda 168 wiring/transducer ( was told that the wiring for both Cuda models are identical so it shouldn't matter ) and the Stealth-12's bait well pump which I believe is a Tsunami 500.

Here are the problems I encountered on my trip out:

-Vertical lines and dots on the ff when scrolling. I'm pretty sure this is interference/noise caused by the wiring of the live bait pump. Does this mean I just have to wire the bait pump separately to another battery?

-I have no problems getting good depth readings up until I reach about the 200ft mark, then my depth reading just starts flashing until it reaches a readable depth. Is this normal for a Cuda 250 with the transducer gooped inside the hull? I thought the max depth for the Cuda 250 is 600ft.

-Last problem is that my ff goes haywire once I get near any other kayaker with their ff on. If I get within 15ft of another active ff, my depth reading will start flashing, vertical lines will appear and nothing will work properly. This is my first ff so I have no idea if this is normal occurrence.

Also, one other question for people with the Stealth models. Do you guys have timer switches for your bait well or do you just leave it on your entire outing? I left it on the entire outing and found out that it drains a battery fairly quickly.

I appreciate any advice given.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote