Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Exclamation MLPA Letter writing campaign!!

If you like Fishing SOCAL, please read every word, I tried to be as concise as possible.

I know that the meetings are held during unfriendly times of the day, usually during business hours, so it is difficult to attend.

Many of us have asked how we can help?

Well, this is how... by writing letters, remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil... No this is not a cure-all, it is flank maneuver to the people working hard to preserve our access to our fisheries.

We cannot say we are writing on behalf of any kayak fishing organizations, or our stakeholders, as they must remain impartial, but more likely as concerned citizens, and kayak fisherman.

IF YOU DON'T THINK THE FRINGE ENVIRONMENTAL GROUPS ARE NOT SENDING LETTERS, sorry for yelling, then you are mistaken.

A couple notes... Handwritten letters are all personally read. Personally written typed letters are also read. Form letters are often put in a pile but they are weighed to see how much each group cares.

So, to whom to we write our letters.

Re: MLPA map and MLPA process for South Coast Region 2009

Note: Letters without your address on it will be ignored. You need to put your address in the following format:

John Doe
123 Springtime Lane
Sunny City, CA 91234

To: XXXXXX

I have attached a PFD: with sample letters.

These letters are due by 4-11-09, to be considered by the BRTF (blue ribbon task force).

The speardive community has rallied and sent lots of letters. I am asking that you at least send 1 letter to:

Marine Life Protection Act Initiative
c/o California Resources Agency
1416 Ninth St., Ste. 1311
Sacramento, CA 95814

If you really, really, really care... I have attached a cheat sheet of everyone who should get your concerns, and thoughts on this issue that WILL affect us all.

Post up, if you are sending letters, time to rally. This is not the appropriate place to vent on how things should be done.

If you have an idea for letters, etc, please post up.

I have sent my letters, are you going too? Feel free to to use work time, & printers......

Thanks for reading, this thread will continually get bumped until we all do something, this MLPA is happening, it is up to us to voice our concerns to help shape it.

More info to come. Now is the time to act! I'll thow in a for good measure.

Chris Fierro
Attached Files
File Type: doc MLPA Address.doc (27.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: pdf Sample DFG letters.pdf (319.8 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Holy Mackerel; 03-31-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote