Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #1
Spyder

12/27 Lots of bass and a workout

Lauched the yak late today out of SI around 10:00am. Conditions looked good with a low tide , only a slight wind, and sunny skies.

Hit up my first location for a handful of fiesty spotties. Moved into deeper water for some grumps that wanted to play. Fishing was pretty steady for the next hour or so.

Yes, thing were going great for the first couple of hours..............until I started to paddled to another spot and my paddle broke in half.

Unfortunately I was on the other side of the bay about a mile & half from the launch. Paddling a Cobra Fish & Dive with a normal paddle is hard enough..... I took a paddle in each hand and started digging my way back across the bay. The wind was blowing in my face and then I noticed all the traffic zipping around. I just focused on a point across the bay and made like a deranged robot . At one point I attempted to wave down a passing Navy Security boat but all they did was wave back . I gave up on using the 2 paddles and switched to one and did the canoe stroke. Finally made it back across with my shoulders screaming,

Other than my equipment malfunction, it was a good day of fishing. C&R'ed probably 12 spotties & 8 sandies.

Peace,

Spyder
Attached Thumbnails
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote