Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
glenniesan

Bug Report: Oside

First time hoopin for myself. Stopped by OEX Oside for a few items - thanks for the help as always Nate! My fishn partner and I hit the ramp round 8ish and paddled around till about midnight for 1 legal and six shorts. Dropping in 20 - 40'. Half-ish moon, nice warm, soft breeze, night to be out.

Not a whole lot of PBers out this night, we were the only yakkers. Bugs are certainly there though.

A few lessons learned:

- Kelp in the hoop sucks! Pulled up about 500 lbs worth (it seemed).
- Like any fishing good bait is key. We had some ol' frozen mackers which were not the best quality. AND we didn't bring enough anyway to change out.
- Bring along your hat! It's night but for those of us who paddle the hat will keep your dome dry(er).
- I think one way to minimize sea-dogs chewin on your hoops is to drop them and paddle away, observe them from a distance. I'm sure the dogs key in on the glow sticks & floats but they followed us when we moved off our drops... so just sayin.
- Lights and more lights, the head lamp LED will not be enough to light you up in the night. I had some reflective tape left over after prepping the buoys and stuck it on my yak - works great and is a BIG improvement for visibilty OTW ITD.
glenniesan is offline   Reply With Quote