Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
kurt

PST

A sparse showing for Bajapalooza '06. Got down to PST with Corey about midnight on Friday, with little wind and a full moon to make setting up the tent an easy project. I forgot the camera at home, so no pictures.

Saturday morning was nice and calm. Birds were working schools of anchovies being eaten by candy greenbacks, but the food chain seemed to end there on the surface action. Joined up with Tobey, Avery, Gary, and Corey in working a reef that varied in depth from 30 to 80 ft. Lots of rockfish. The majority were olive rockfish, I believe. The wind gradually grew throughout the day. When the drift became too fast I tied up to some bull kelp in about 90 ft. of water. Caught quite a few more of the olive, along with some cabezon, reds, and whitefish. I'd like to hook a 8lb whitefish some day, they pull. After the 50th wind wave slopped over the side of the kayak, I decided to call it a day.

Some of the Loco Pescadores had rented a casa, so joined them for some outstanding dinner and many, many drinks. It rained off and on Saturday night and early Sunday morning. The swell had really picked up and the wind was howling today, so decided not to fish this morning.

It was a good weekend, and thanks to everyone who came down and made it so. I wonder if there will be any YT off Punta Banda in February?
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote