Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2015, 09:40 AM   #1
Sheephead

SD bay Bonita Mayhem!!

Went out of sd bay 11/28 and was violently disrupted by thousands of cormorants flying 1-2' above my head. Thought they were going out for the day or trying to poop on me but soon realized they were after the schools of anchovies bonita were schooling up all along the south side of the naval base by the mouth. There was thousands of wolfpacks in the 40'/50' depth. Made for a short but fun day with Ultra light tackle. So much action I literally couldn't take a break from catchin fish to open my water bottle. Nothing like being towed by a 2lb bonito and fighting each one for 3-5min. Gained confidence in a new lure and brand: Ima Jerkbait which was easily capable of calling the bonito up 40' to jump out of the water and crush my bait as soon as I did the 2nd twitch. The bite died off with the tide 6am - 9:30am. Very little action the rest of the day while trying for halibut other than a huge slam and instant break-off with 30lb mono. Got PLENTY more than in the photo but kept enough for the next lobster outing. Anyone hitting up the bay next week?
Attached Images

Sheephead is offline   Reply With Quote