Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2015, 09:09 AM   #1
Viper3173

Question about springtime yellows

I tried searching the forums but couldn't find what I'm looking for. I am pretty new to yak fishing, started last october getting lucky to find my first few yellows pretty quick by reading up here and getting beta from you guys out on the water.

So, I have learned a ton about fishing techniques from this forum (you guys are awesome) but what I am wondering is, when do you put away the dropper and yoyo and pull out the flyline and surface iron rods? I know there is not an exact science to it, but I don't have a large enough rod quiver (or the coordination needed) to bring out enough rods to be ready for all of the above.

From the reports coming in, it seems like people are starting to catch a lot on the top lately so I am leaning towards busting out the summer gear. Also, it's worth noting that I won't be able to get back out on the water till the end of April/early May.

Any tips? Thanks in advance for the help! Oh, and I primarily fish LJ.

-Patrick
Viper3173 is offline   Reply With Quote