Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
FleshandBlood

Mission Bay 1st time 3/23

Drove down Sunday night to spend the evening at a friends house that lives 10 minutes away from Mission bay. Out of pure excitement I left way to early and got to Ski beach about an hour before sunrise. With no one in the parking lot I was able to back up to the sand practically which made launching a sinch. Hit the water a little after sun up and started underneath the bridge right there. When I launched it was peak outgoing, then the water leveled off. Once the water started moving I began finding fish in a little bit deeper water. I fished for a bit and then kind of cruised the bay just looking around and trying to understand how this place is supposed to work. I ended up with 15 for the day, which isn't bad for me. I know it's no 25+ like most of you guys get, but I was stoked. Brown and Orange skirts with 3" swimbaits worked in the AM, along with EZ Gambler 4 1/4" swimbaits, once the clouds came in the Spinnerbait made the place light up. I mainly stayed around Vacation Island. Can't wait until next time!

FleshandBlood is offline   Reply With Quote