Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
aguachico

CASH Jackpot 3/8

That's right it's time to it again. This coming Saturday should have things turned around in the LJ fishing department.

I will be on the beach Saturday from 0430-0530. I will be collecting $20 from anyone that believes they are luckier than the pros. The final weigin is at 1030 on the beach for yaks 1000 at the reserve edge for the skiffs.
If you are a late launcher, I can be reached on CH71 and you can give me your $20.

PLEASE WRITE YOUR NAME IN SMALL PRINT ON THE BACK OF THE BILL.

To recap this jackpot's history. About three years ago, the first one. About $200-$300. Money was collected and Iceman was the first to launch. He barrels past the bait spot to his secret spot claiming to make bait there. His dead stick is bit and within the first hour, the jackpot was over before it started with a 50#-class WSB.

Then we tried it again. Skunk.

Then we did it the next year. I followed Brad around until I saw a school a bait on the meter and snagged a 15# YT on the iron. The Adi on the skiff gets a nice lambette, but it was a few pounds shy of my YT. $200.
Thanks Brad.

Then we tried again last year. HUGE surf.

Then this year $300. Skunk.

So let's try it again Saturday, these will be fun until a new WCW format may remove the need for spontaneous jacpots.

Money already collected:
Fishniado
HolyMac
Corey
MadSCi
NeilB
Tyler

I hear there maybe a virgin launch by a sickly admin. I'd love to hear some bleating on the water, then watch the real competition begin

So come out newbies and pros, old and young and give me your $20.

Last edited by aguachico; 03-02-2008 at 03:01 PM.
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote