Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
EDC

LJ Shores for the first time

Hi all, I just moved back to CA from HI and decided to go out on Sunday to the kelp in LJ for the first time on my Hobie. I went there once on a party boat called the Chubasco II and fish were biting everything, whether it was from the back of a chum throwing boat or from any of the kayaks I saw around the area. I could pull up plenty of greenbacks, spanish macks, jacksmelt, pretty much all day long on sabiki. Seemed like everyone had full bait tanks. Only thing is, I couldn't get anything else to bite, and I never say anyone else getting bites either. I even saw the Chubasco II go from spot to spot throwing chum left and right, and none of their guys were catching anything. Only success I saw was from one boat getting some calico bass action at noon from plenty of anchovie chumming on the north side of the kelp. I was there from about 6:30 to noon and was wondering if this is just a normal thing and some days the kelp just doesn't produce or if I just suck at life. By the way, I was using Big Hammer swimbaits, and Western Plastics slugs most of the time. Sometimes I used an iron or a weedless jig with large curly tail. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
EDC is offline   Reply With Quote