Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
octico

Newport Beach - Rock fishing 05/17

The plan was to fish for rockfish out of NPS. AirborneYak and I got on the water around 6AM, conditions were not good, really windy. We decided to pick up live squid from the bait barge and head out. We made it past the breakwater and that is about as far as we made it. Waves were breaking over the jetty on wedge side and we decided to head back in and troll our squid. We fished inside the harbor till around 11AM and decided to try to head out to deeper water and again we were denied .....

AirborneYak caught a spottie (no pics so I call BS) ....

Today had to be one of the worst days I ever had fishing on the yak, got tangled more than once. I almost got flipped, caught between the wake of two boats and choppy sea. I am starting to realize the Hobie Revo is really sketchy in open water with waves and swells coming in different directions ... (Hobie Revo owners please input thoughts here).

I talked to the wifey and we are going to head out to do some surf fishing tomorrow to was off this nasty skunk smell I have on me .... tight lines .. thanks for reading.

Oh I forgot to mention Karma is a BITCH!

Last edited by octico; 05-18-2014 at 05:51 AM. Reason: incoherence
octico is offline   Reply With Quote