Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
Smthtnnr
Fishing Addict

Taco Meat

Had a little bit of time to take advantage of my day off of school, and gave my favorite local stone a visit. Had a rough start to the day when I was greeted by big surf and even bigger swell. After a sketchy launch I was off.

Got to the spot and found a nice school of reds on it right away. Unfortunately, it took me a while to figure out the drift and was only able to pick up 2 nicer reds in the first hour and a half. Finally, I figured out the drift and it was game on. Then, one drop I get slammed. I was thinking it was a big ling, but was surprised with a nice 22 in. sandie (I have been a sand bass magnet recently).

Sadly, I had places to be and had to leave the fish biting, finishing with 6 rockfish, 2 bocacio, and 1 sand bass. Released all of the smaller guys that I could, unfortunately 2 died on the way up. All in all a nice day, and I will be sure to be back to fill up the freezer before the season closes!
Attached Images

Smthtnnr is offline   Reply With Quote