Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

fried rockfish fillet

Well I thought I'd share a little recipe action with you guys. It took my awhile to get this right but now my pan fried filets come out perfectly every time.

Start off with freshly caught fish of your choice. I like rockfish or sculpin but any mild flavored white fish will do

Fillet fish, rinse with fresh water and pat dry with paper towel, place aside.

In a bowl beat 1 egg for every pound of fillet. Set aside

For a nice crispy breading I like to use cornbread stuffing mix, crushed down to a nice fine consistency. Spread on a plate and set aside

Then set up your station with your fish, a bowl of flour, your egg and stuffing crumbs

Salt and pepper fish to taste, dredge in flower, dip fillet in egg and completely coat in crumbs

Use about 2 tbsp of goid olive oil in a non stick pan. Too much oil and you get mushy breading. Heat on high then just before placing fish in the pan reduce heat to med/med high.

Cook on one side for approximately 3min give or take for size/thickness of fillet.

Flip fillet and finish off by browning the opposite side.

Fillet should turn out firm and crisp with an opaque center

I like to drizzle a bit of seasoned rice vinegar to taste.

Enjoy!

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote