Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
doggmann
Junior

Fishing solo yes/no ???

I've been fishing solo on my kayak for the last couple years in Newport Harbor and really like it. The only problem is I'd rather not eat anything from the harbor.

I've been seeing posts from other members catching WSB among other things out on open water in some of the local kelp beds. The idea of spending a day on the open water with the potential of putting a few bass in my fridge is really appealing. I plan on checking out the only place I've heard anything about (Corona Del Mar) since I'd be able to get there relatively easy and I'm familiar with NPH.

I've never fished open water and plan on doing it on good weather days and with a friend. Does anyone go out solo? Is it a bad idea?

I'm sure there are some things I'm just not aware of asking so please feel free to add your 2 cents.

Last edited by doggmann; 05-08-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: found lots of helpful info cruising this site
doggmann is offline   Reply With Quote