Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2013, 04:45 AM   #1
philr21

Hobie Outback question

Buddy of mine gave me an old Hobie Mirage Outback. It has the old style rudder, not the stow and go.

This is apparantly the old hull style, pre-2007. One thing I noticed is it seems much tippier than my X-Factor. I'm a big guy, 6'5 and 235.

Should I be concerned with the tippiness? How much did the newer hull design change the Outback's stability?

Used it once, broke the rudder. Got a very cool fish from it though, a Biwa Trout, only native to lake Biwa in Japan and it's tributaries. Not a rainbow- knock off, an actual type of trout that spends almost its entire deep.

I included some pics of the Biwa trip so you can see the kayak. Want to fix this thing up and use it since it was a gift, just curious how much of a difference there is in the newer hull style and if I should be concerned about stability.

Thanks.

Phil

Last edited by philr21; 04-15-2013 at 04:56 AM.
philr21 is offline   Reply With Quote