Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
coffeebean16
Junior

5/21 midmorning

arrived and launched by 11 am into larger than normal waves with an extremely short period. soaked on the way out.

paddled to the edge of the reserve and filled the bait tank, started looking for bait. chased the birds around for whatever they were diving on. didnt get anything.

got out past the point into a stiff breeze. the radio said 6ft swell on a 9-10 second interval with 1-2ft wind waves. that was the size of it and i headed for the launch. waited and waited for the tourists to launch and was ammused by one boat that went to the aid of another whom had flipped. the upside down boat was then pushed into the "rescuer" and there were 4 people in the water.lol

another fishing yak came in passed me and promptly pointed back out to sea and backed in to the beach. as the waves were higher than i have ever seen them i tried it and took a little longer but got in without swimming.

taking next week off. not gunna deal with the potential crowds.

coffeebean