Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2007, 07:55 AM   #1
dorado50

LJ Sat.5.12.07 Mr.Yellow and Mr. T

Early start today . Lots of bait at pier. Got out to the NW corner and thought there was a tourney going on, so much traffic. Made my way around away from the congestion and found a spot that seemed fishy to me. Around the time the sun comes out so do the fish. Caught the 11# yellow off the bottom and soon as I re-bait and lower the rig and the reel starts screaming and I watch this big threasher grayhound across the water right in front of me. Well that turned off the y-tail bite! Tire him out in about fifty minutes, bring him over to the side and cut leader at the hook. Pulled like a yellowfin, I'll say he weighed at least 75 to 85# Sunday was like a ghost town out there, very strange. Only thing for me was another small thresher about 50# he to was released at the boat.

dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote