Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
AndyK
Junior

newbie in LA!

Hey everyone.

Im getting bored of the harbors and would love to get out into the kelp and catch some keepers...

I have enjoyed lurking here for a couple of weeks and wanted to introduce myself. I recently purchased my first kayak (prowler 15) and since then have made a few lake trips...hit the ci harbor a few times and spent a couple of days down at mission bay chasing seabass and learning my kayak.

I live in the LA area and am looking for tips on great places for a newbie to launch and get out there ... Even better would be pals to tag along with. I'm thinking about checking out Leo Carrillo...any other newbie friendly spots coming from the Santa clarita LA area?

I grew up freshwater fishing and have also spent my fair share of time on charter boats, peirs and in the surf.

Cheers!

Last edited by AndyK; 06-25-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Typo
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote