Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
killitngrillit
knotmyfish

LJ 03-29-07

Soooooooo nice to get out on the water again. Good size swells at the launch had me second guessing my decision to roll out solo today but I was later rewarded for my efforts.

Launch at 6:00 ish and paddled to the pier. daylight was upon me and thought I might have a tough time making bait. After 45 min or so I pulled up four macks on one pull and decided that was enough to get started. I loaded 2 up in the bait tube and 2 on separate trolling set-ups.
Not long after I was greeted by a hungry seal that was giving me "the eye". You know what I mean, right? that look like you can read his mind and he is staging up his move to snatch my bait so I reel in both mack, put one back in the tube and leave the other on.

I trolled over towards the point and saw a few birds crashing about 200 yards outside the yellow can. I only got half way there when my bait got slammed. The first thought was that the damn seals were back but after the first strong run I realized I was hooked into something else.

45 minutes later I was headed back to the launch by 9:15 via "supermegahappypaddle"mode. Called todd on the cell and he drove over to the launch with a camera. Thanks, photo beeyatch! I hope you enjoyed the fillets!

I would post the pics but I dont know how to downsize them from 900kb to 100kb. Any help?
killitngrillit is offline   Reply With Quote