Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
desert_s10

LJ 4/9

-Launched at 6:30am. Surf was a little bigger than norm with the occasional larger set. Only took one to the chest

-Made more mini macs and dines than I have ever made before just past the reserve. The kayatank was full to the brim.

-Had a Iron bouncing around as I made bait.... pulled up what looked like it could have been the tentacles of a sea anemone that closed on the treble hook. weird looking to say the least. released

-While working the yo-yo, hooked and landed a monster calico, probably about 8-9 in. released.

-There was a good swell today. larger than any I have been in on the yak before. I have only been sea sick once in my life, I tossed my cookies into my sweater when I was taking it off on a boat and was good to go after that.... today My stomach was a little quezie and I will be adding Dramamine to my "to bring" list

-Birds working hard in the morning and tapering off the later it got, for what I was around for

-Trolled/(SLOW) drifted bait around till about 10 hooked plenty of kelp bouncing lively macs on the bottom.

-even tho conditions seemed to get a little better as the day went on, my stomach got the better of me and before I did any unintentional chumming, I called it a day

-Spent a bit of extra time stowing gear that I don't usually do for the landing. Made a successful landing after watching the sets come in for a bit to get my timing down. Couple of the bigger ones were cresting were I had set up to watch and made things interesting.

-watching the rentals launch thru the bigger sets as they came in was fun, they didnt all make it.... not the first try anyways. Do you think they are told to keep it pointed into the wave or they just don't listen to instructions? All that didn't make it were those that were parallel to the wave, go figure

-I didn't walk away empty handed however, picture of todays catch. Ate all of it for lunch & (close enuff )
Attached Images

desert_s10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
DENNYh

and it looks like the surf and swell will be up for this weekend to.
DENNYh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
Earl E. Retire
Junior

dang!

$29.99/lb for Japan farmed YT???

EER
Earl E. Retire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
Bpcode3
Angler

Ranch Market always has the best catches of the day
Bpcode3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:50 PM   #5
KW
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpcode3 View Post
Ranch Market always has the best catches of the day

Some good scenery to perve on as well from time to time......
KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
-scallywag-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert_s10;36879.

-Had a Iron bouncing around as I made bait.... pulled up what looked like it could have been the tentacles of a sea anemone that closed on the treble hook. weird looking to say the least. released
umm yeh....its probably another one of those full moon sea anemone spawns.......ssshhhhh...im goin fishin!!!
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
bigbarrels

desert s10,

was that you on the blue kayak on thursday? I was on the red XFactor nearby. If so, sorry didn't get over to say hello...the place was alive there for a little while
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
Vikingj

Thanks for the report. Its good to hear what going on in LJ even when you aren't catching.
Vikingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:39 AM   #9
desert_s10

No, I was on a yellow F&D
desert_s10 is offline   Reply With Quote