Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

LJ today

I really like fishing. In fact I like fishing so much I used some vacation time from work to drive 140 miles each way from my place to Santa Monica. I didn't catch any fish there, but instead sat in another forsaken hotel ballroom and listened to a whole bunch of people talk about how we should have massive fishing closures. Most even promoted a plan that would close all of LJ that is kayak accesible from the shores. This isn't the first time I've used my precious vacation time to do something this futile. It was so much fun sitting there I just thought I would share the experience with all of you internet fisherman, since that's what internet message boards are all about, sharing the fishing experience.

This is an MLPA post in the fishing reports section. Deal with it. The threads with MLPA in the title obviously are being ignored or aren't working.

August 3rd. Carlsbad. Be there. Public Comment starts at about 3:30 according to the agenda. Get there at least 15 minutes early.

MEETING LOCATION
Holiday Inn
850 Palomar Airport Road
Carlsbad, CA 92008
760-438-7880
www.carlsbadhi.com

If we don't show up we could lose every ocean spot that is kayak fishing accessible in San Diego County, or where ever your favorite spot is. There won't be many more chances.

Fish like this for kayakers may be no more than a memory when this is all over:

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

Last edited by tylerdurden; 07-29-2009 at 05:44 AM.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
Billy V

Let me add this for the people that did not want to go fight for La Jolla.

At today's meeting approximately 100 Environmentalist showed up wearing light blue shirts with little blue fish pasted all over them.
-The shirts said "MLPA's Work"

They paraded little girls up to the podium one after another to repeat how they love fishing, and diving, and how they are in support of Large Closures.
-This went on and on, monoplizing almost all the public speaking time.

To the extent that I ran short of time when delivering my prepared statement.
(Because I did Not have anyone there that could cede time to me)
-------------------------------------------------------------

This time next year you'll be kicking yourselves in the ass that you did nothing to protect your fishing area, and you can thank those little girls in the pretty blue shirts for the well placed kill shot they delivered.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from that, Thank You Tyler, Greggo, Curt, and Paul Lebowitz for all your efforts.

You can also thank Martin T-Man for taking the time to compose a letter which was delivered for the public record.
PS .
After signing it for you, I gave them you personal cell phone number, address, social security number and complete Medical History.
-I know- I know, you want to Thank Me. LMAO

Billy V for Martin H. By Power of Attorney

Last edited by Billy V; 07-29-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
FISHIONADO

Thanks to the folks that attended today and those who will go tomorrow.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:46 AM   #4
Matt
Support your local pangas

BUMP!!! Big thanks to my brother in law and the rest of you boys who are showing up to fight!! Remember I am buying beer if you show up and speak at carlsbad.....dude free beer!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:04 AM   #5
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Yes, we will be meeting at Pizza Port after the August 3rd meeting .

Also if you are running late, call me and I can get your comment card filled in for you as long as you can make it in time for your actual comments.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
BUMP!!! Big thanks to my brother in law and the rest of you boys who are showing up to fight!! Remember I am buying beer if you show up and speak at carlsbad.....dude free beer!!!!!!
You know where I live...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #7
Corey

Thanks for going guys. Work wouldn't allow me to get up there this week, and next week I will be in Indiana meeting my new niece. I really appreciate those of you that remain diligent. Please know that I would have been there this week and would be there next week if I could.

A reminder to those that go: Be polite & courteous, and t-shirts with bloody fish (i.e. bloodydecks) on them are not the best way to represent yourself (and the rest of us).