Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2016, 05:47 PM   #1
Harry Hill

question

One thing we noticed on Saturday when we were fishing was Mission Bay was full of Moon Jellyfish. I'm wondering if that was why the fishing had turned off. The water was very clear and every where we went there were jellyfish. I don't know if they are always in the bay like that or this is something that was just happening this weekend. We are going back this weekend but I think I'll launch at Mission Point and try for halibut in the mouth of the harbor.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:05 PM   #2
JeffB

I've been in both bays lately a killing the bass. The jellies are thick in both bays as well. I don't think are having much of an effect. What are you throwing? I've been wacking them on 5" grubs and 4" swim baits in MB as well as cranks. They've been eating every size at Tidelands.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:41 PM   #3
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
I've been in both bays lately a killing the bass. The jellies are thick in both bays as well. I don't think are having much of an effect. What are you throwing? I've been wacking them on 5" grubs and 4" swim baits in MB as well as cranks. They've been eating every size at Tidelands.
I was throwing swim baits and a plug they normally can't resist. I guess it just wasn't my day. I can't get down there as much as I would like to, 110 miles each way prohibits my fishing trips. I'm wanting to try San Diego bay but haven't been yet. Mostly because I don't know where to launch.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:25 PM   #4
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
I'm wanting to try San Diego bay but haven't been yet. Mostly because I don't know where to launch.
Tidelands, J Street marina, Shelter Island and McCall St are all good launch points for SD bay. Grand Caribe Shoreline Park from Coronado Cays.

McCall St and Shelter Island are both easy launch points for the bait barge at the north end of the bay. The others are good for fishing the south end. Tidelands is the bridge in the middle.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:27 AM   #5
Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
I was throwing swim baits and a plug they normally can't resist. I guess it just wasn't my day. I can't get down there as much as I would like to, 110 miles each way prohibits my fishing trips. I'm wanting to try San Diego bay but haven't been yet. Mostly because I don't know where to launch.
Sounds like it is time for a move to San Diego. Ha!
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote