Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
FISH11

Talking FRED HALL, DEL MAR

Took my grandson to the Fred Hall Show, today Saturday. Got there about 10:15, checked out a lot of the boats there. I especially like the center consoles with deep draft.
Thing is, I've owned boats before and the thing that some times you forget is all the expense that goes along with them. It's not just the original purchase price but the constant cost of #1 Gas (at 4$ a gallon and provably 2 to 5 miles per gallon), then there's maintenance and in some cases storage. I guess that's one of the biggest reasons I love my Kayak so much, other then the gas to get to the launch, there is no cost to operate. It gives me the exercise I need take me places a boat couldn't fit and I can launch almost anywhere. Other than long range fishing, we have access to a lot of game fish. There sure was a lot of tackle to be seen at the show. Picked up 4 wrapped irons (sweet pieces and colors are unreal, so life like). Met Bill Boyce at the World Fishing Network booth, that was cool. Stopped by and talked to Captain Wade at the Daiwa booth. My grandson picked up a ton of free stuff, pamphlets, decals autographs, etc. I think he also picked up a greater interest in fishing, which is priceless. Stopped at the OEX booth got a few more entries for the Kayak raffle on the 4th of July (great cause) and met CADILLYAK and CJ. So why din't we see more BWE menbers wearing their Rock fishing tourney / Heroes on the Water shirts. All said it was a great 5 1/2 hour spent
browsing at all the gear and seeing friends. I was a great time spent with my grandson only topped by when we go fishing together. If you didn't make there yet Sunday is the last day, so get out there!

Last edited by FISH11; 03-29-2014 at 06:02 PM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:17 AM   #2
Jimmyz123

I went on opening night.
The show was fun as always. I introduced my son to Wade, picked up a bunch of Unibutter, and made donations to HOW. Missed Jim Sammons seminar but I stopped in to say hello any way. Thinking of going again today.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote