Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
Jimmyz123

Cuda 350 with GPS

Just wondering are these things being discontinued? I noticed BPS is listing the item as no longer available. Also noticed that Cabela's dropped the price to what BPS was selling their units at. $169. Any order at Cabela's over $150 get's $5 shipping. Not a bad deal if you are looking. However BPS has a 6 month pay thing going right now. Looks like I might be getting a Humminbird FF/GPS combo next week.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
jorluivil

I bought mine a few months ago for $169 @ BPS, don't know how long this unit has been on the market. Anyway, I like it.....the gps is extremely accurate and the ff gives pretty good reading and the unit is waterproof.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I bought mine a few months ago for $169 @ BPS, don't know how long this unit has been on the market. Anyway, I like it.....the gps is extremely accurate and the ff gives pretty good reading and the unit is waterproof.
I have been waiting for BPS to have their 6 month pay deal so I could buy one and when they have it, they are out of the Cudas. I really want to replace my FF with a new one and it must have GPS on it. So, I'm leaning between the Humminbird 768 and Lowrance M68C both are priced at $299. The Lowrance is currently out of stock. The Humminbird is in stock. So I'm still looking at which one is better.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 05-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
fishsouthcounty

wow thats a bummer...i was lookin to purchase one of the Eagle cuda 350s too...that 6 month payment plan sure woulda been nice. Definitely cant afford anything more expensive then that.
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsouthcounty View Post
wow thats a bummer...i was lookin to purchase one of the Eagle cuda 350s too...that 6 month payment plan sure woulda been nice. Definitely cant afford anything more expensive then that.
I just priced out the Humminbird 385C for $399 at 6 months, I think I'm going to lock that one in when I get paid. Looks nice, and it's what I'm looking for.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...cmCat=WISHLIST

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 05-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
Siebler

Yes they are being discontinued. They are being replaced with a Lowrance unit just like how the 168 was replaced with the x-4

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
Yes they are being discontinued. They are being replaced with a Lowrance unit just like how the 168 was replaced with the x-4
Isn't that how all the cudas come about? The old Lowrance model then becomes the new Cudas?

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 05-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #8
fishsouthcounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
I just priced out the Humminbird 385C for $399 at 6 months, I think I'm going to lock that one in when I get paid. Looks nice, and it's what I'm looking for.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...cmCat=WISHLIST
ya unfortunately i just had to drop 430 on new tires for my truck and 340 on new brakes so my budget is reaaaaal tight. haha even with the 6 months its probably not a smart purchase...might just have to go through cabela's for the 169 on the cuda350....that is unless anyone is lookin to sell a used finder/gps combo??
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #9
CalicoCody

Wow... I got lucky. I just bought the 350s from BPS like a week and a half ago and got it in the mail three days ago. Good thing I pulled the trigger on it when I did. Trying to figure out what kind of install I want to do with the transducer... kind of playing with the idea of fabricating some kind of bracket for the stern of my kayak and actually having the transducer in the water at all times so I can get really accurate reads along with temperature. Has anyone tried this?
CalicoCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
Jimmyz123

Well seeing how BPS is having the 6 month Pay it allows me to be able to buy the Humminbird 385Ci. I'll be making that purchase next Friday.

God Bless,
JimmyZ