Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2006, 10:52 PM   #1
madscientist

LJ 3/15 PM

Snuck out of work early for a ghost hunt and hoopin evening. Launch was ugly, short interval wind chop with swell underneath. With all the weight on the yak, it took a while to find a window that I could get out through. Dumped the nets on the spots and went fishing. Couldn't find bait, but did get a fiesty scully on the sabiki. Also got a 3-4lb calico on a swimbait I was trolling. Bass fishing is hard. I told him I knew somebody that wanted to meet him, but he said he was sick of that guy sticking all his little brother and sisters. I told him he'd be lobster bait if he didn't do something, so he promised he'd hook em up and I let him go. Go get em Chris. :P

Finally found some whopper spanish as the sun was setting and drifted those till darkness for nada. Packed up the fishing gear and headed to the hoops. First pull was a triple with one clearly keeper. Thought that was the start of something good but a couple of empties, a load of crawfish, and a spider crab later I was not as optimistic. Had one pull with a nice bug and a moray. Trying to figure out how to deal with it as the bug goes crazy and the eel attacks the bug. Like a mini godzilla movie at my feet. Eel finally escaped and the bug was good. Wind never died and shifted a little more northerly, pushing me into the breakers. Called it quits with four and got one more as I was packing up. Black water landing looked worse than it was and the loaded down yak coasted right in.

They are now steaming in Harp lager, in honor of the upcoming holiday.

madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 03:26 PM   #2
Ryan The Sealion

som1's gotta get a c-bass soon...
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:28 PM   #3
steveooo

Re: LJ 3/16 PM

[quote="madscientist"] Also got a 3-4lb calico on a swimbait I was trolling. Bass fishing is hard.

:lol: :lol:
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:56 PM   #4
vellocity

you gotta love steaming 'em in BEER!!!!!
sweeeeeeet meat!!!!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 07:48 PM   #5
aguachico

Brad, are you storing the bugs in your tank?
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:00 PM   #6
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Like a mini godzilla movie at my feet. Eel finally escaped and the bug was good.
OK, Gulliver, why the heck you didn't get a photo of that is beyond me...that would be a sight to see. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man I need to get on the water more.....missing all the good chit.
Sure wish you lived closer to my neck of the woods...could bribe you with some Tecate...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:39 PM   #7
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

trolling spanish macks

Just getting ready to buy a fish n dive. Curious to know how one trolls a mack. Are you weighting it down to a specific depth or are you draging it behind you?
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:24 PM   #8
madscientist

both
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote