Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
j mo

Red face Jan 1

Launched at ~6:45 with Gregg ( Quilted Germ) into the foggy abyss. Made nice bait in short order.... I was excited to put my recently upgraded arsenal to work and try out some of the new iron that Santa deposited into my stocking

The fog was a bit thick early and tuff to get our bearings set, but it eased up quickly. We spent the next 7 hours yo-yoing our arms off chasing down birds to no avail. Side note: It was impressive to see the wake off Greggs FnD as he sprinted to the birds. The new and improved ss “sea cow” can move when she wants to!

Bummed out, but that’s what we get for practically being certain we would nail at least 1 tail. With our heads down we drove home to our families , empty handed AGAIN...

I do know one thing though, I can cast the ever loving shite out of my calstar 90j, so much so that I was laughing aloud. Thanks to Josh for turning me on the long rod. Until next time live in fear fishies!

Josh
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
Quilted Germ

It was still a great day on the water, a little chilly. I see that the burning desire to post in the "Kayak Fishing Reports" section finally got to you. I know you will change your avatar just as soon as you catch something worthy. I could have snapped a pic of you with your sabiki loaded with 5 greenbacks...that would have been sweet.

It's only a matter of time before our families dine on the catch from the head of the household, but I'm thinking that I might just eat the next fish I catch regardless of species...I might eat it right then and there...still on the hook.

Glad you noticed the SS Cobra Kai slicing through the water...damn, those birds move quick! Thanks to Nate at OEX Oside for patching up my ride. What a difference a few patches make.

Happy New Year!

Gregg

Last edited by Quilted Germ; 01-02-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Quilted Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
j mo

I waiting for the post of someone mugging with another fatty "I was off the water by 8:00..." So I can weep like child
Old 01-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
yaky yak

I launched about 7:00am on the 1st. About 10:30 after chaseing birds for an hour I got lucky and birds starting crashing the water all around me. I casted a 7x into the free for all and was instantly bendo. 15 min. later I landed a 20 pound fat yellow. I'll spare you the photo. Better luck next time.
yaky yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
j mo

Damn ye!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
THE DARKHORSE

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaky yak View Post
I launched about 7:00am on the 1st. About 10:30 after chaseing birds for an hour I got lucky and birds starting crashing the water all around me. I casted a 7x into the free for all and was instantly bendo. 15 min. later I landed a 20 pound fat yellow. I'll spare you the photo. Better luck next time.

That was a beautiful fish, and it kinda made my day to see her on your deck, you've put in the time lately.

I would take care of that jig, a little fresh water and care might double your fish count for the year.