Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2015, 08:37 AM   #1
Murray

Thank You Fastlane

Fastlane in Mission Bay really went the extra mile for me regarding trouble shooting and repairing my mirage drive. Mirage drive drove me crazy last Saturday when it squeaked the entire time on the water. Had just installed new cables and thought they were the culprit but turned out to be worn out drums. Would only squeak on the water (under load) so Callen (super helpful) launched one of their kayaks and duplicated the squeak. Ron (owner) determined the problem to be the drums and I am happy to report that the squeak is gone and I am back on the water. I wanted to confirm the repair had taken care of the problem and they set me up with a kayak and pointed me to the dana launch site to check it out. Can not say enough about how helpful they were to take care of me. Thanks Callen and Ron for your awesome service and taking care of business. When it is time to update my 2002 outback you know where I will be headed.
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
Fastlane in Mission Bay really went the extra mile for me regarding trouble shooting and repairing my mirage drive. Mirage drive drove me crazy last Saturday when it squeaked the entire time on the water. Had just installed new cables and thought they were the culprit but turned out to be worn out drums. Would only squeak on the water (under load) so Callen (super helpful) launched one of their kayaks and duplicated the squeak. Ron (owner) determined the problem to be the drums and I am happy to report that the squeak is gone and I am back on the water. I wanted to confirm the repair had taken care of the problem and they set me up with a kayak and pointed me to the dana launch site to check it out. Can not say enough about how helpful they were to take care of me. Thanks Callen and Ron for your awesome service and taking care of business. When it is time to update my 2002 outback you know where I will be headed.
Uhhh, when it is time to update you might want to consider the great people that bring us this site for free. Their service is beyond compare and I would trust OEX without reservation.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
WARRIORMIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
Uhhh, when it is time to update you might want to consider the great people that bring us this site for free. Their service is beyond compare and I would trust OEX without reservation.
Well I have to say I wish I would have purchased my Kayak there (OEX) instead of another authorized retailer. It is what it is now ? The local dealer sold me on fun and was really good on the follow ups . However after I purchased my pa now I've been seen as a number and not as a customer.

Ok vent done
WARRIORMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #4
ful-rac
Emperor

Who's Ron?

OEX!!!!
Old 08-20-2015, 09:28 AM   #5
Murray

Understood, but I bought my yak from Fastlane in 2002. I think they were the only Hobie dealer in San Diego at the time. Have to stay with them since they have earned my business. I am sure OEX does a great job too.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:34 AM   #6
HobieScot

Quote:

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HobieScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:32 PM   #7
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Kudos for good service at Fastlane. I use a Hobie Outback and they have helped me a lot too, including fishing tips, friendly advice and everything else.

I've been to OEX to check out the other side of the non-Hobie universe. They were very kind to me too. If we need specific Hobie parts, we can't go to OEX. It's as simple as that.

They may both have mutually exclusive product lines, but lots of everything else we do we have in common.

There's room for everyone, I'm sure. No need to turn a nice compliment into a pc vs. apple, nikon vs. canon, them vs. us, etc., pissing match.

Go catch fish

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 08-20-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:49 PM   #8
Hunters Pa

Not a pissing match. I prefer to buy my Hobie parts at OEX and support the people that bring us this site. Fastlane may be awesome but they compete with the company that provides us this valuable service free of charge. And they are dignified enough not to say anything and will leave up a post that in essence advertises for a competitor. I have no doubt the original poster had the best intentions but you don't put a McDonald's poster up in an In-n-Out.

Would be curious to know if the guys at Fastlane support Heroes on the Water or events like the Lebowitz.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:52 PM   #9
jorluivil

It's like me buying a Pepsi while I work for coca cola

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:06 PM   #10
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

I love Oex and buy everything kayak related from them, i.e. Mission bay. But being in San Diego, fast lane is the local authorized hobie dealer. If I can wait, I'll buy from Oex sunset beach and have it shipped. But for something like this, a failure of sorts, it's hard to a) know what's wrong and b) drive 1 1/2 hours to see what's wrong.

I'll always support Oex when I can and when I'm not put in a precarious situation, but sometimes u gotta find out what wrong at your convenience. Now if mission bay became an authorized hobie dealer, Oex would get 100% of my business, they still get 90% now however.
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:04 PM   #11
momo fish

Is OEX Oceanside part of same group? A bit confused

momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:31 PM   #12
Cbad Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
Is OEX Oceanside part of same group? A bit confused

No and no longer OEX affiliated at all.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:31 PM   #13
Murray

Sorry to cause a problem. Was just trying to acknowledge a company who was taking good care of me. Will be more careful in the future not to step on any toes. Thank you OEX for a great website. Obviously, you have some very loyal customers. Good on you.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:27 PM   #14
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Not a pissing match. I prefer to buy my Hobie parts at OEX and support the people that bring us this site. Fastlane may be awesome but they compete with the company that provides us this valuable service free of charge. And they are dignified enough not to say anything and will leave up a post that in essence advertises for a competitor. I have no doubt the original poster had the best intentions but you don't put a McDonald's poster up in an In-n-Out.

Would be curious to know if the guys at Fastlane support Heroes on the Water or events like the Lebowitz.
OEX sells Hobie parts?

If that's true, then I apologize for my misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Compliments for good service should not be offensive to anyone.

Carry on..

Mr. NiceGuy, ... out.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 08-21-2015 at 12:27 AM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:53 PM   #15
Cbad Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
It's more like you putting on a Pepsi shirt, buying a case of Pepsi, and bringing it to the Coca Cola company picnic and announcing to everyone how refreshing Pepsi is while going down on the hotdogs and hamburgers provided by Coca-Cola.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:14 AM   #16
momo fish

Haha!! Leave it to Mike to put it all in perspective..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbad Mike View Post
It's more like you putting on a Pepsi shirt, buying a case of Pepsi, and bringing it to the Coca Cola company picnic and announcing to everyone how refreshing Pepsi is while going down on the hotdogs and hamburgers provided by Coca-Cola.

momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:19 PM   #17
YTHunter
Carlisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbad Mike View Post
Chad, you really ARE funny! Thanks