Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
Aaron&Julie

Question Letter to Governor failing

Anyone notice a problem with the letter opposing reappointment of Rogers failing to make it through?
I received a message (I use hotmail) that it has failed for 4 hours now, but will continue to be attempted for the next 5 days. The message showed up in my junk folder, vice my inbox. Odd.
I hope we don't have some crackpot environmentalist computer junkie creating BOTS or some other software bug to keep these letters from getting through. Not to sound paranoid, but it is certainly possible in this day and age.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
PAL

We're working on it. We overwhelmed the email server or otherwise shut down the email address used by the governor's designated staffer.

Job well done!
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
zinkysd
Hobie Fishing Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron&Julie View Post
Anyone notice a problem with the letter opposing reappointment of Rogers failing to make it through?
I received a message (I use hotmail) that it has failed for 4 hours now, but will continue to be attempted for the next 5 days. The message showed up in my junk folder, vice my inbox. Odd.
I hope we don't have some crackpot environmentalist computer junkie creating BOTS or some other software bug to keep these letters from getting through. Not to sound paranoid, but it is certainly possible in this day and age.
I got the same message (I use AOL)

Ken
Team Dana Point Jet Ski
Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #4
PAL

GAME ON!

Get those emails going again on the Keep America Fishing website.

http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/63...ction_KEY=3033

If you sent your email in the late afternoon or evening, please send it again.

Keep America Fishing is collecting copies of the emails, so any further technical hiccups won't be an issue. If necessary, KAF will hand deliver hard copies.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
Aaron&Julie

I resent my request to everybody in my email list to send in the letter today, since it is now working. Hopefully, it won't happen again, as my non-fishermen friends may not want to do this multiple times
Old 01-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
Aaron&Julie

I received a failure notice that was the same as last night, after the problem was to have been resolved. What gives? Is this going to happen every time we send big amounts of letters their way?