Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
walrus

Thank You

THANKS EVERYONE.

One year later and I have not yet caught a yellow tail, white seabass or halibut (legal size) from a kayak.

I can't go often and that's most likely the reason I haven't done better, and that's O.K. Everytime I get out, I have new things to try and frankly I have a blast.

I have learned a lot from other kayakers who share their experiences and tips on this site and in person. Thanks

I know I'm getting closer to my first big catch. For that I also say "Thanks'.

I'm posting my THANKS to everyone who has shared on this site and in person because I beginning to understand How damn excited I'll be on that day.

How did you feel?
walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
dmrides

Quote:
Originally Posted by walrus View Post
How did you feel?
I so vividly remember when it first came to color only to disappear, and reappear two more times. It was my first yellow I had ever caught and as soon as I pulled it into my lap I let out the biggest scream of success ever. I paddled in so proud and happy. There is no way that feeling could have ever been matched on a sport boat. I was insanely lucky, I caught that yellow on my first trip to LJ, I did not put in the time. I have had a few yellows since and every time I pull them onto my lap, that feeling comes back.

Since then I have put in a lot of time looking for ghosts. In regards to catching them, I have no idea what I am doing out there, but when luck comes my way and I finally pull in that WSB after over a year of searching, I imagine that feeling I had for the first yellow will come back tenfold.

Kayak fishing is a great thing.
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
TCS

A little over a year and a half ago I got laid off, picked up a used kayak and found this site. I didn't know anything about fishing in salt water. During the time off I learned the basics, caught a few yellows, one WSB, and quite a few other critters. I spent a lot of time on the water and enjoyed life a lot. 99% of what I know I got from this site or people on it.

Like Walrus said...Thanks
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
Gino

My first trip out i flipped and lost all my gear and almsot froze to death. Was so Awsome!

Havent been on a Boat since. Kayak only for me now!
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
Riskey Water

I took up kayak fishing in the summer of 97 and my life life has never been the same . You start with a couple of calicos ,then a stout ling ,a couple of short halis ,then you realize what arm wrestling is all about . The 3 B's of life BIGGER-BETTER-BADDDDER The progression of fishing I can get skunked ,but being on the water brings tranquility ,,Catch dinks all day long ,and feel good .A couple fish tacos worth and content .Personal best or trophy fish ,walking on clouds everytime I reflect .Time on the water is well spent ,Tow jobs and sleigh rides" Priceless" Your time will come and when it does .Tell your friends and family " Sorry I'm glowin ,but it feels soooo good "When you do get " The One " there will be that guy who caught B,B,B but dont worry personal best is Your Gold Star ,so fish-on little brother ,fish-on
Riskey Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:40 AM   #6
Jzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
My first trip out i flipped and lost all my gear and almsot froze to death. Was so Awsome!
X2.

Know that feeling.
Jzo is offline   Reply With Quote