Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
PAL

Got YT? Space available on June Islander 6-day mothership

For those of you who missed out on last October's excellent Islander mothership adventure to Baja's Cedros Isle, here's your chance at absolute yellowtail mayhem.

The 2010 edition of this 6-day fish-fest is set for June 11 - 17, departing from San Diego (see note below). Sean White and I do everything we can to keep costs of this limited load long-range trip to a minimum. That means the boat only goes if we fill it.

The per angler price is $1700 not including permits and tip. As far as kayak motherships go, the Islander has no equal. These guys really 'get' kayak fishing; they give us plenty of leash to do our thing. The price includes all meals (alcohol extra), bait, and stateroom bunks.

Fishing is fishing; nothing is certain. Otherwise June is a solid month for a Cedros run. The fish are often stacked up just the way they were for us last October. It was insane; the probabilities would be no different in June. The largest change? We would not expect to run into yellowfin on the ride there or back, although albacore from the big boat would be a possibility.

If you're interested, please fire away with a PM. Remaining spaces will go on a first-come, first-served basis.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: The trip is set to depart and return to San Diego. International fishing politics being a murky deal, there's a chance Cedros-bound US vessels will have to run out of Ensenada a short drive south of the border. As of now, that's not the case, but as it is a possibility I'm mentioning it now. More when / if it becomes available.

Check out these photos. This could be you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cedros09LR_byPLebowitz0016.JPG (136.0 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg Cedros09LR_byPLebowitz0024.JPG (180.7 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg Cedros09LR_byPLebowitz0041.JPG (199.2 KB, 329 views)

Last edited by PAL; 01-26-2010 at 02:41 PM.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
bluesquids

I thought there was a 1.5 day Islander trip scheduled for June 11th?
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=6531
Old 01-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
GregAndrew

Here is a pic from the dock the day you came back in Oct. I wish I had taken it before many of the fish had been already claimed.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
PAL

Quote:
I thought there was a 1.5 day Islander trip scheduled for June 11th?
That's called a double-booking. Our charter was set way back in December. I spoke with John Coniff earlier today; we still have those dates. Obviously we'll be talking again very soon to iron out the schedule discrepancy.

Thanks for pointing out the problem.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
Siebler

Paul I saw you and brent have a full on fight to see who gets the dates

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
PAL

Brent's a lover, not a fighter.

Talked with John again this morning. The dates are correct; he goofed. So come on down!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
PAL

We're all friends here, so we've put our heads together to solve the date mix-up. But first, Islander co-owner John Coniff has asked us to convey his apology. No worries, John and his crew have gone out of their way to provide top notch kayak fishing trips for years. It's all good.

So here's the deal, suggested by future UN ambassador Brent at OEX. If we don't fill the Cedros 6-day by Feb 13, roughly two weeks from today, we'll give the dates back. That way the OEX 1.5 day will have plenty of time to take bookings.

If you've dreamed of epic YT action, true off the chart stuff, or unreal trophy calico fishing, please step forward. We need 6 more if we're going to make this happen for a second straight year.

Thanks again,

Paul
Old 02-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
PAL

We're close to making the 2010 trip a reality. We need a handful more of people with an appetite for yellowtail mayhem. Join us! Its a true trip of a lifetime.

We have one more week to get over the top and nail down our dates.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:52 AM   #9
PAL

Last call - we need 3 more by Saturday or we'll shelve this bad boy until the 2011 edition.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #10
chefchatten

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...please someone step up to this awesome trip!!!!
chefchatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #11
PAL

Good news! Cedros 2010 isn't full, but we've gotten enough on board to keep our dates open for at least another couple weeks. At the moment we've got space for 4. Join us! Cedros has to be seen to be believed, its that good!