Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
Sherm

Hoopin with Spyder and Theo 10-15-08

Met up at SI launch around four oclock to find Theo chomping at the bit to get on the water. Spyder showed up and we were on the water at 4:45pm. We started the paddle out to open water and our spot. 45 minutes and three miles later we made it. We set our hoops and waited for the sun to go down. Glassy calm evening and a beautiful sunset.

The first pull was slow but after that things picked up. The bugs started to crawl right after a huge full moon came up. Nets were full with a lot of shorts and a few keepers. On one pull I saw a large bug comer off the edge of the hoop and fall into the water. That bug was the biggest I have seen this year. Wish he would have stayed in the net. We pulled nets until 9:30pm and started to head back. The crawl was slowing way down about that time.

It was a beautiful night on the water with good friends and a good cigar. At one point there was even a nice fireworks display coming from downtown somewhere. A nice show while on the water.

The only problem during the evening was when Spyder was threatening to kick the crap out of a guy snorkeling and messing with his nets. Never did figure out why this guy figured it necessary to snorkel right by our nets. There was a crap load of area to work. Oh well.....life is to short to get bent about a few bugs.

Bug Count:

Sherm: 3 keepers and a bunch of shorts.
Spyder: 1 keeper and a huge crab
Theo: 4 keepers and a bunch of shorts.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Sherm; 10-16-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 AM   #2
Dan

sweet bugs
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
bajadog
I eats what I kills

Kewl, you guys released them on the grass.