Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
steveooo

11-09 LJ

Took the day off work, left the house at 2:30 am, on the H2o by 4:30 am. Unfortunately, the only real action I saw today was the dude that parked his civic in the launch and was trying to make his girl famous with the new webcam.
Looked super fishy out there. Caught 2 sandbass on the surface Iron that were 4 and 5 lbs. Saw a few brute breezers in the NW, 100 ft, in between the two orange lobster bouys if they are still out there. Threw the iron and bait at them por nada. Caught a toad poorman's yellowtail (whitefish) while yoyo-ing, as well as 2 rockfish.
Wind never really let up while i was there, left at 1pm. Surf was non-existent. Pretty choppy the whole day too.

Thats all for the fish report. Side note- I realized today how much fishing from a kayak is a skill that takes practice. I haven't been for a while and I felt like a noob out there. Probably would have been pretty funny to watch, but my hands are full of holes where I hooked myself countless number of times, my pliers are at the bottom of the sea (i put them on the table next to me that was not there), and I am not even going to try to pick out the birds nest from one of my reels. Kayak fishing is a skill that you can lose if you do not practice, and I saw that first hand today. Oh well live and learn, don't ever take a break, and score some next time!!!!
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
Dan

Steveoooooooooo, good sloshing through the chop with ya today. I got popped off on what felt like a jello on a buoy on the flyline really early, other than that real quiet and whipped up out there. Two very large whales were way outside - probably blues from the size of their backs.

plenty of bait swarming around and good downhill current has it tee'd up nice for some lucky folks tomorrow.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
Dennis

Thanks for the report, gents.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:05 PM   #4
FISHIONADO

Check here before going tomorrow, if the wind doesn't settle down by midnight it will probably be bumpy tomorrow AM.

http://w9if.net/cgi-bin/torreywx/wxhr.pl?dur=24
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #5
GBF

Thanks for the report Bro!

GBF