Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
ocurtis

8/5 MB - Hobie Report

Went out last night on my Hobie, took 3 hours and had 2 great pulls loaded with lobster... out of about 20, got 4 keepers. Unfortunately I didnt bring extra bait so i headed back in... good night! Home by 11:30
Attached Images

ocurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
jorluivil

I've been making bait just before I drop my nets. Wednesday I made at least a dozen decent sized macs before and after I dropped my nets, they're now chillin waiting for the next trip. Next trip, I'll be doing the same thing. Next time take a sabiki with you and try and make bait for the next trip.

Those that haven't gone out......go get-em before they're gone. I really don't care about an epic wsb or yt bite but epic bug crawls........I ain't sitting down for that one.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
ocurtis

Thanks, great idea!
ocurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
seaquinn
wishin' I was fishin'

where, where, where?

I took my 12-year old to Mission Bay, and I tried a few spots. 4 shorts, and one legal, who is joining us this morning for brunch.

Mission Bay was pretty slow, but first time in years.

note: darn! I got my line caught on the hoop, and I lost one hoop as it took the small bouy on down with it! I looked for it this morning on my way to surfing, but no luck. Rats.

I gotta get out to the real ocean for lobsters.

ps... my ancient Cobra Tandem is perfect for hooping. The skinny Hobie I love for speed, but the stability of a tandem is great for hoops.
seaquinn is offline   Reply With Quote