Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Kayak Storage Near La Jolla

Well I was lucky enough to score 2 Stealth 12's at the Malibu factory sale as I camped out and was 3rd in line. I met some cool people their too by the way!

Anyway I didnt realize how much space 2 yaks would take up and I was looking online to find a storage unit or somewhere to store my 2 new kayaks as close as possible to the launch at La Jolla as this is where I primarily want to target fish? Anybody have any suggestions or know any boat storage places that I can store my yaks at?

Thanks in advance! Tight Lines!
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
MrM

Have you thought about storing one outside? (if you have a backyard) Keep it off the ground, in the shade, and covered up with a tarp and you should be fine.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
Randy214
Junior

I had the same problem before I moved somewhere with a garage.

The closest/cheapest storage place I found to La Jolla was about 6 miles east at Extra Space Storage on Mirmar road.

The two issues I was having with most storage places was not having drive up access and all the 15 foot units were were really expensive (wide). This place has a 7 x 15 unit for around 130 a month and you can pull your truck up to the storage unit door. First month is free with no contract. If you could angle them into a 5x10 unit you could save around $50 a month.

There might be a better options out there, but this was the best I could find for a storage unit close to la jolla. I found some possible alternatives searching "RV Storage" on craiglist, but most of those were uncovered lots further away from the water.
Randy214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

I think OEX Mission Bay stores yaks, check them out!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Nice! Thank's guys for all the information. Ill update this post if I find any better deals out there. Ill also look into OEX.
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote