Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
jorluivil

WWYD

What Would You Do?

So we're fishing LJ this past weekend, it's between 3am and 4am and I hear a boat in the distance motoring towards the area that I'm fishing. As he gets closer and closer I start to ask myself if he see's my light which sits about three feet above my head or if he even see's my headlamp which was going dead but still had enough juice in it. Well, guess what? I totally f'ed up and waited for him to make the move..........wanting, wishing & hoping he had noticed me. What lasted maybe 2 minutes felt like it took place in a matter of seconds. As he got to within 100' he finally noticed me but I was already on the move. It scared the sh*t out of me and made me realize how important it is to be visible......I always thought I had enough light until this incident occurred.

I ran the whole thing to my head multiple times and kept asking myself what I did wrong. I finally realized that it wasn't about what I should have done as much as what I didn't do....become extremely visible at night. Going to do some shopping this week for better lighting.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote