Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
ful-rac
Emperor

Barracuda anyone?

All this barracuda fish'n sounds great! Anybody interested in trying for em' off huntington this weekend? I'm sure as hell gonna try!!!

Tony.
ful-rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

I'm looking at going out Sat morning launch around 7:00 am

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
ful-rac
Emperor

Roger...will see you there...dog beach right?
ful-rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

South end of bolsa chica that hill at dog beach will be too hard to get back up after we kill all the barracuda.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

Old 05-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
Iceman
Administrator

$10 parking at Bolsa or meters at Dog Beach.........bet you could find em under birds out of Newport with free parking!
Old 05-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #6
onetriphudson

I'm glad to be a kayak fisherman for many reasons... one of them is my reduced impact on the ocean and my ability to only take what I can use.

I've spent alot of time on the party boats growing up and I've seen so many short barracuda have their faces mangled by jigs when getting shaken off at the rail or even worse, some inland goof fills up a buralap sack with a limit and then he's asking back at the dock if anyone wants them because he doesn't like fish. Don't get me wrong, I've shredded more cuda with the jig than I care to remember and when I see fish counts of 40 guys taking 500 barracuda, I can only hope that the loss of life is going to good use and not just cold-hearted sport. If the slime is biting so good that you can get bit every cast, try a fixed single hook Tady C or maybe even try pinching down the barb.

Just my thoughts...
onetriphudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

I agree with hudson, I dont post post pics because I fish for substance not bragging rights. My family will eat at most 2 cuda, and I will smoke 2 or 3 max to pass on to family and friends. Now as for the Iceman, I will be keeping a ear to the reports, tues it was LB, yesterday it was huntington, looks like they are going south nph launch might be right on the money, I will make a decision as to where I will be going friday night. anyone want to meet up thats good with me, more yaks means less of a chance of being run over by a boat.

See you guys on the water.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
jorluivil

I'm in if it's a Saturday afternoon launch or Sunday.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
ctrujillo

heading to newport tommorow 5-13 anyone else going out?
ctrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrujillo View Post
I will be in DP saturday, if someones smokin' cuda I will take a piece...love that stuff, good luck out there and keep a fresh CDR around for when the one you are throwin gets all tore up
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #11
ctrujillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
I will be in DP saturday, if someones smokin' cuda I will take a piece...love that stuff, good luck out there and keep a fresh CDR around for when the one you are throwin gets all tore up
cdr? thanks and good luck saturday
Old 05-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #12
carbonbass

Quote:
i think i will be, you going out the harbor mouth looking for birds? time?
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #13
ctrujillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonbass View Post
i think i will be, you going out the harbor mouth looking for birds? time?
yes i will launch at small beach at 7 am i will be the xxxl guy in the blue xxxfactor
Old 05-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #14
carbonbass

Quote:
yes i will launch at small beach at 7 am i will be the xxxl guy in the blue xxxfactor
i only have a mini-x so im probably slower than you but im willing to paddle up to 1-2 miles out looking for surface birds in the morning, i wacked a few today on the freelance in HB flats, but like others have said its very possible to find a school in newport by tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #15
ctrujillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonbass View Post
i only have a mini-x so im probably slower than you but im willing to paddle up to 1-2 miles out looking for surface birds in the morning, i wacked a few today on the freelance in HB flats, but like others have said its very possible to find a school in newport by tomorrow.
see you otw
Old 05-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #16
swank

Quote:
I'm taking my dad out, we'll launch off the coast guard station if we can find parking around 9am. Chase birds if we're lucky, if not we're heading to CDM. Just look for the 2 big guys on yellow yaks :P
Old 05-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #17
mtnbykr2

Quote:
cdr? thanks and good luck saturday
rapala cdr14? I think they love em
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #18
carbonbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by swank View Post
I'm taking my dad out, we'll launch off the coast guard station if we can find parking around 9am. Chase birds if we're lucky, if not we're heading to CDM. Just look for the 2 big guys on yellow yaks :P
that sounds like a great plan, with the water warming, calicos are not a bad B plan :]
Old 05-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #19
carbonbass

just a hint for you guys trying for them tomorrow, they were in the middle-bottom part of the water column, if you dont find birds on top, but you meter bait suspended just off the bottom, drop an iron straight down and crank up, they werent on top at the flats today
Old 05-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #20
FishinReelDeals

Right on

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetriphudson View Post
I'm glad to be a kayak fisherman for many reasons... one of them is my reduced impact on the ocean and my ability to only take what I can use.

I've spent alot of time on the party boats growing up and I've seen so many short barracuda have their faces mangled by jigs when getting shaken off at the rail or even worse, some inland goof fills up a buralap sack with a limit and then he's asking back at the dock if anyone wants them because he doesn't like fish. Don't get me wrong, I've shredded more cuda with the jig than I care to remember and when I see fish counts of 40 guys taking 500 barracuda, I can only hope that the loss of life is going to good use and not just cold-hearted sport. If the slime is biting so good that you can get bit every cast, try a fixed single hook Tady C or maybe even try pinching down the barb.

Just my thoughts...
Exactly the way I feel. The only difference is I use a dremal to take the barbs completely off. My dad has been fishing cuda barbless before I was fishing. Keep only what your gonna eat and, take care of the fish for a safe realease!
FishinReelDeals is offline   Reply With Quote