Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
carbonbass

Rock fish in OC

can anyone guide me in the right direction, at least a starting point?
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:39 AM   #2
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

The ocean. thats usually a good starting point.

Where in OC are you launching from? do you have a Gps? I can tell you about how manys to paddle but the gps cords I got will get you a lot closer.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Phatford
Heroes on the Water Staff

If you go out to La Jolla you launch and paddle pretty much strait out. On the left side you will see some buildings at the point is a big hotel. Vere left to stay in line with the hotel and make your way out to 150 feet give or take and find the rocks out there. A bit further out are some really nice spots that are easy to see on the charts. I have the Fish N' Chip by Navionics and it has 1 foot contour lines. Really nice for finding little valleys, spurs, cliffs, and high spots.

Basically it is the only thing I have really figured out in LJ... Everytime I see a big rock I also mark A LOT OF FISH... When I knew I was doing it right was when I was in a cattle boat's spot and nearly drifted right over me if I didn't move (A Hole capt.)
Phatford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
carbonbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
The ocean. thats usually a good starting point.

Where in OC are you launching from? do you have a Gps? I can tell you about how manys to paddle but the gps cords I got will get you a lot closer.
Launching Newport harbor/Santa ana river jetty/LBC mainly. My VHF radio has a GPS on it, i can store coordinates.
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonbass View Post
Launching Newport harbor/Santa ana river jetty/LBC mainly. My VHF radio has a GPS on it, i can store coordinates.

check your pm... and dont tell anyone.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote